Thursday, March 3, 2011

Buzziness #19 Chiliquilles!

I had never even heard of chiliquilles until I was an adult.  I was in Cabo with my family and needed to whip up a quick breakfast.  I saw tortilla chips, and some green salsa.  Breakfast has to have eggs... so my own version of chiliquilles erupted.  I mean it was a hit with some pretty picky eaters.  I have not changed the recipe much since Cabo, why change a good thing?

Chiliquilles

1 bag of any clean tortilla chips (meaning no cheese Doritos)
1 cup of water
green salsa (can or jar- not picky)
2 eggs
Shredded parmesan (optional)
Sour cream (optional)

Heat up a pan, preferably a frying pan.  Add one handful of chips at a time, depending on how hungry you are!  Add a few T water and watch it steam.  You want the chips soft, but not "mushy".  Next scramble the eggs in a small bowl and toss in.  Once cooked, add a smattering of green salsa and mix in.  Plate up your chiliquilles, sprinkle some parmesan on top, and maybe a dollop of sour cream!
No salt needed, it is most likely on your chips!  Ole!

1 comment:

  1. I remember when you made this in Cabo!
    Sooo good!
    Maybe you can make it again when we go back!
    haahAA Nancy

    ReplyDelete