Sunday, December 5, 2010

Buzziness #8 Healthy Pea Pesto

One of my oldest friends and sorority sister~ Annie P., also a triathlete, I might add, brought this recipe to one of our reunions.  It was healthy, surprisingly yummy and a super quick appetizer to make.   Now, I always keep a package of sweet frozen peas in my freezer.

Pea Pesto 
1 pkg. frozen peas, thawed
1 clove garlic or more!
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1t salt or more!
1/4t fresh pepper
1/3c olive oil

Pulse together in a food processor the peas, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.  With the machine running slowly add the olive oil. Taste and add more salt and pepper if you want to. That's it~simple simon.

I have used pumpernickel pretzels, from Trader Joe's to scoop~ yum.  You can also toast some sliced baguettes, spread pea pesto on, and then add a shaving of parmesan on top and broil~delicioso!

No comments:

Post a Comment